The General Council for Islamic Banks & Financial Institution is an International organization. It is an affiliated organ to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) and is considered as one of the International Islamic Infrastructure Institutions. CIBAFI represents the Islamic financial services industry globally, defending and protecting its role, consolidating co-operation among its members and with other institutions with similar interest and objectives.
CIBAFI is seeking a candidate for a position of Senior Technical Staff in Islamic finance.
Based at the General Council office in Manama, Bahrain, the incumbent will be mainly in charge of the research initiatives of the General council, providing technical comments/review of the documents and publications, newsletters, supervising research of other technical staff members.
The incumbent must have extensive experience and knowledge of Islamic financial markets, as well as knowledge of the issues and technical aspects of Islamic Finance. He/she should be a strong manager and supervisor with well-developed diplomatic skills. Candidate must demonstrate a track record of successfully leading research projects and teams.
1.Conducting and supervising research and other studies related to the areas of interest of the General Council.
2.Ensuring that the strategic directions of all research projects are properly identified and managed.
3.Strengthen research/technical capacity of General Council.
4.Manage projects, develop goals and plans related to specific work areas.
5.Determine priorities and assign responsibilities and supervise/monitor staff within project work.
6.Provide and filter information and data to ensure strategic and valuable information is available for General Council’s strategic purpose.
7.Any other initiatives that support mandate of the General Council.
The incumbent should possess at least a master’s degree in Economics/ Business/ Administration/ Finance/ Islamic Finance and have between 5 – 10 years of working experience in Islamic Financial Services field. Knowledge of international financial markets as well as understanding of the General Council mandate and objectives and experience working in international environment is an added advantage.
Candidate need to possess and show evidence of the following:
– Strong research and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to formulate research plans, collect and analyse useful data and information; knowledge of research tools and methodology.
– Fluent in English – written and spoken. Knowledge of Arabic and other languages is an added advantage.
– Exposure to supervise and manage research and surveys.
– Detail oriented with an ability to meet daily multiple deadlines.
– Be able to work independently as well as in a team, lead multiple projects and meet multiple concurrent deadlines.
– Strong commitment for delivering results.
– Experience working in an international environment will be an added advantage.
– Excellent, written and inter-personal communication skills.
To apply for the above vacant position, send your Curriculum Vitae with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org , or Fax number: +973 17324902. Last date to apply: 10th May 2016