The General Council for Islamic Banks & Financial Institution is an International organization. It is an affiliated organ to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) and is considered as one of the International Islamic Infrastructure Institutions. CIBAFI represents the Islamic financial services industry globally, defending and protecting its role, consolidating co-operation among its members and with other institutions with similar interest and objectives.
CIBAFI is seeking a candidate for a position of Technical Staff in Islamic finance.
Based at the General Council office in Manama, Bahrain, incumbent will be actively involved in research initiatives of the General council, reviewing publications, drafting newsletters, managing executive programmes and workshops.
The incumbent must have experience and knowledge of Islamic financial markets. He/she should be able to express him/herself confidently and clearly, in spoken and written communication and suit the content, style, language and medium while dealing with members and other internal/external parties. He/she must be able to work independently and in a team, and have the tact to manage different stakeholders. Incumbent should provide evidence of undertaking research projects.
1.Conducting research and other studies related to the areas of interest of the General Council.
2.Conducting surveys among the General Council members.
3.Involved in developing and organising the high level/executive programmes and workshops.
4.Any other initiatives that support mandate of the General Council.
The incumbent should possess at least a master’s degree in the Economics/ Business/ Administration/ Finance/ Islamic Finance and have between 3 – 5 years of working experience in Islamic financial services field. Working experience in an international environment is an added advantage.
Candidate need to possess and show evidence of the following:
– Fluent in English – written and spoken, knowledge of Arabic and other languages is an added advantage.
– Exposure to coordinating research and surveys.
– Detail oriented with an ability to meet deadlines.
– Be able to work independently as well as in a team, be part of multiple projects and meet multiple concurrent deadlines.
– Strong commitment for delivering results.
– Experience in managing executive programmes/workshops is an added advantage.
– Experience working in an international environment will be an added advantage.
– Excellent, written and inter-personal communication skills.
To apply for the above vacant position, please send your Curriculum Vitae with cover letter to email@example.com , or Fax number: +973 17324902.